Saturday, January 23, 2010

Peperomia

Peperomia is also called the 'Radiator Plant'. It is the native of tropical America, which has naturalised itself in the tropical and subtropical regions all over the world. In South India, peperomia can be seen in hanging baskets in railway stations. Some peperomias have thich leaves, which make them drought resistant.
The picture above shows the Variegated Peperomia Peparomia obtusifolia variegata in my garden. I had taken the photo during the solar eclipse last week. You can see the crescent shaped images of the sun around the plant.

2 comments:

  1. I used to have this one . I love the variegation on the leaves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look pretty healthy! For me, this plant is hard to grow during rainy days as I might water too much, the stems will rot pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete